Occupied with either packing or unpacking your home, there is barely enough time to put together a decent meal to fuel up the family during your home moving process. But before you blow out your whole budget for takeout while you are transitioning to your new home, you may want to consider these easy to prepare nutritious meals to give you and your family the energy needed while moving to your new home.
OmeletteAn omelette is an affordable, quick and tasty recipe to prepare. Plus, you can tailor it specifically to your preference. Follow this basic step and enjoy a nutritious meal with your family.
- Whisk some eggs together and mix with some milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat some oil or butter in a skillet and add the egg mixture.
- Stir and reduce heat after two minutes
- Sprinkle your chosen ingredients (ham, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese, etc) onto the surface and wait for the omelette to cook.
- Remove from the skillet and fold omelette over the filling.
This humble baked dish is typically made of these main components: pieces of meat, chopped vegetables, starch (potato, rice, or pasta), sauce. You may add cheese depending on your preference. Try out steps to make this easy chicken casserole.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C and then grease the sides and bottom of your casserole pan.
- Stir some cubed chicken breast, water and rice. Add cream of chicken soup, mushroom soup and celery soup and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and add sliced butter on top of your chicken and rice mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the chicken and the rice is cooked.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Ham and Cheese Sliders
What’s a better duo than ham and cheese? Ham and cheese sliders are the no-stress way to keep everyone fueled and happy while continuing to pack/unpack on your moving day.
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Slice the dinner rolls in half. Don’t pull the rolls apart, it’s best to keep them connected.
- Set the aside the top half of your rolls and place the bottom half into your greased pan.
- Evenly layer the ham and cheese over the bottom half of your rolls
- Place the top half over the layered bottom half of the rolls and then brush with the butter mixture and bake until golden.
You may have options to buy cans or cartons of soup, but making and cooking it yourself sure tastes a lot better and is a lot healthier. Here’s a simple recipe for a sumptuous French onion soup you can enjoy while on the process of moving.
- Chop a kilo of onions.
- Melt butter in the pan and add your chopped onions
- Cook onion until it becomes sticky and caramelised.
- Add 1.2 litres of beef stock, season with salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve soup with some toast on top.
Even if almost all of your items are in the box, there’s no problem because this quick meal can easily be popped into the oven with no problem while you pack/unpack. P.S. Resist eating the whole thing straight out of the oven. Allow for it to cool for a bit.
- Wash the potato and prick with a fork.
- Rub salt evenly on the potato.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 220 C and cook for 45 to 60 minutes, until the skin is crisp.
- Cut open and accompany with your filling of choice. Cheese, beans, coleslaw, sour cream, cottage cheese, you name it.
No matter how busy you are with your move, don’t forget to take breaks to eat. Moving is hard work for both your mind and body, so you’ll need the right fuel to keep going with your move and settle in the soonest. If you need help to make your home moving quicker and less stressful, finding an expert home mover anywhere in NZ is easy with Wise Move. Get your free quote from NZ’s trusted home movers now.